John Sample, Ph.D., Principal Consultant
For the past thirty-five years, Dr. John Sample has combined academic teaching and research with consulting and training in government, business, and nonprofit organizations. He is retired from Florida State University where he began his career as the Director of Business Education and Professional Development at the Center for Professional Development. He retired as an associate professor at the FSU College of Education where he designed and taught graduate courses in adult education, human resource and organization development. As a consulting professor to the Askew School for Public Administration and Policy, Dr. Sample instructed graduate courses in leadership and human resource management. Dr. Sample has also taught undergraduate and graduate courses for St. Thomas University, Barry University, Nova Southeastern University and Embry Riddle University.
- Florida Supreme Court certified mediator (2018 to present) for small claims, family and circuit civil courts (DRC # CFR36344). Conducts in-person, telephonic and virtual mediations.
- Long Term Care Program for the Florida Department of Elder Affairs (2017-2020). Conducts assessments and investigations in nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- Ph.D., Adult Education, Florida State University, 1990
- M.S., Human Resource Management, St. Thomas University, 1975
- B.S. Criminology, Florida State University, 1965
Read Dr. Sample’s updated resume.